Beginning Salsocial Workshop
with Pepe Gonzalez
12:00pm, Saturday, September 01, 2012
Turn up the heat! It’s time to join ATOMIC Ballroom’s very own latin flavor, Pepe Gonzalez, for an afternoon designed to fire up your social Salsa. Leave the chips and dip at home, but don’t forget your dancing shoes, as you learn easy techniques that make social dancing Salsa not only spicy, but simple.
- 12:00 PM Registration / Check-in
- 12:15 PM SALSA PRIMEROS PASOS - Salsa First Steps: Learn how to hear the music and move to the music. This class will give you the basics not only in footwork, but in how to use counts, vocals, etc to recognize the beats in the songs.
- 1:00 PM TO BE OR NOT TO BE or - How to Lead and Follow: By the end of this class you will more confident out on the floor by using simple dance techniques. Learn the tips and tricks on how to become a smooth lead or a sexy, strong follow!
- 1:45 PM Lunch / Pizza Party
- 2:30 PM COMBINACIONES SIMPLES - Simple Combinations: Learn the classic Salsa combos found on the social floor. This class will teach you simple, easy to remember techniques to ensure you have more fun while you’re out on the floor.
- 3:15 PM SPICY TIME: This class will help you heat up the social floor with the right moves to add fun and a sexy flair that helps you use the combos you learned to bring your own personality out while you dance.
See who's coming and RSVP at the Facebook event here!
The whole workshop is $50 or 5 punches from your Punch Card if you pre-register by 8/31/12. Or $60 at the door. Punch Cards can only be used if you pre-register. Register in person or online now!