Int/Adv – ShagO’Licious Swing Workshop
with “California Swing Dance Hall of Fame” Recipient Carrie Lucas
Location: ATOMIC Ballroom
12:00 pm – 3:15 pm, Saturday June 1st, 2019
This workshop will help you integrate the fancy footwork of Shag into your West Coast Swing! Shag originated in the late ’30s on the shores of Myrtle Beach. It’s a dynamic and smooth partner dance done to sweet sounds of rhythm & blues, soul, doo-wop, jazz, and beach music.
No partner needed!
- 12:00 pm Registration / Check-in
- 12:15 pm – Warm Up Drills for WCS & Shag: Getting acquainted with the steps & style before we put them in a pattern
- 1:00 pm – Using the Sugar Push: Integrating Shag patterns with the Flamingo Fan and Pull Back
- 1:45 pm – Using the Under Arm Turn: Put it together with the Sugar Push to create the Stutter Step & more!
- 2:30 pm – More Fun Patterns: Apple Jacks, Hitches, Barrel Rolls & more!
The whole workshop is $50 or 5 punches from your Punch Card if you pre-register by 5/31/19. Or $60 at the door. Register in person or online now!